Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Hurry up and WAIT!


Originally posted  5/2/11

So, we are at the hurry up and wait stage of our homeschooling adventure. We have one curriculum in and ready to start and are waiting on the other. Adventures in Sea & Sky is sitting on a shelf and ready to be figured out. We also have the fifth grade LA stuff waiting to organize. Both the second and fifth grade math curriculi are lined up on my "school shelf." we are still waiting on the Animals & their Worlds stuff. The web-site said it would ship by tomorrow, but the truth is, I was really hoping it would get here early. Like now!

My work should have already began, but I've been dragging my feet a little. We must organize the house. We must clear out some stuff and make room for our schooling area. The key to our success will be keeping it all together.

On top of organizing, I need to pull together a master list to combine fifth grade and second into a master lesson plan, week by week & day by day. I have been reading the Kentucky Scope & Sequence in my free time. I'm trying to devise a checklist, for lack of a better word, to make sure I cover everything the public school would cover. I don't want to do them harm by homeschooling.

Guess I need to get back downstairs and give my rotten dogs some scratching, they've been neglected this weekend. Everyone is excited to start, even the kids who realize they'll be doing school in the summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment